Finding information about golf course real estate in Memphis on the Internet can be difficult. Few Web sites offer information that will help you in your search. Therefore you will have to look for golf course real estate in Memphis the old fashioned way: contacting a real estate agent.
When choosing a real estate agent, you will want to find one who is not only very familiar with the area where you would like to live, but also is well acquainted with golf course real estate in Memphis. Not all real estate agents in Memphis are familiar with the golf course communities. Therefore, it is very important that you find one who has dealt with golf course real estate in Memphis before.
In addition to finding a good real estate agent, you may want to do a bit of research yourself. That way you can ensure that you will find the best golf course real estate in Memphis for you. Because the Internet does not offer much information about golf course real estate in Memphis, you will need to find your information from other sources. Here are the steps we recommend you try. In addition to following the below steps you can read our article Golf Course Homes in Memphis, TN
that tells you about four communities that offer golf course real estate in Memphis.
- Look for Golf Courses in Memphis. Before you look for golf course real estate in Memphis, you will want to find golf courses that offer a nice view and excellent play. The best way to find good golf courses is to look at golf course rankings, which you can find online or in magazines. Try to find golf courses that have a challenging layout or more than one course. That way you will not get bored playing the same course year after year. You will also want to find a course that has good practice facilities. Having practice facilities close to home will improve your game by making it convenient to hit a few buckets of balls when you don't have time to play a full round. You also don't want to forget about the golf course aesthetics. You won't always be playing, so you will want to make sure that the course is beautiful to look at and not just a great play.
- Call the Courses. In order to find out if the courses you are interested in have homes surrounding the courses, you will need to do some old fashioned research and call the courses' offices. When you call the offices, you should ask if there are homes that surround the course, and if so, what is the name of the community and how can you find out more information. The golf course employees should be able to provide you with the information you need.
- Look into the Golf Course Communities. Not all golf course real estate in Memphis is the same. The real estate surrounding the golf courses could be homes, apartments or condominiums. Make sure you only spend time researching communities that offer the type of real estate that you are interested in buying. You will also want to find out about the amenities offered by the communities. For example, some of the amenities that are offered by golf course communities are swimming pools, tennis courts, fitness facilities, playgrounds, fishing lakes, hiking trails and community gates. It is also important to learn about the membership process if the golf course you would like to live by is private. Some golf course communities offer memberships to residents who live in the community that surrounds the golf course. Others require that you go through the membership application process and do not guarantee that you will be given an invitation.
- Evaluate Your Budget. Make sure you can actually afford the golf course real estate in Memphis you are looking at. Don't waste your time looking at houses that are out of your league. Before looking at real estate, determine how much money you can spend and agree not to look at any golf course real estate in Memphis that costs more than your pre-determined budgeted amount. When planning your budget, remember to include the amount you plan to spend on greens fees and membership fees. Otherwise you will end up living in a house that is too expensive for you to be able to enjoy the golf course you are living on.
- Visit the Golf Course Real Estate. Before buying golf course real estate in Memphis, you should visit the course you are considering living near. When visiting, make sure you feel comfortable at the course, clubhouse and other amenities offered by the golf course community. If the golf course is public, play the course and use its practice facilities. If the golf course is private, schedule a meeting with the membership director at the course. The membership director will be able to introduce you to some of the golf club's members and show you around the clubhouse and golf course. That way you can see whether you would enjoy becoming a member of the golf course.